The “20 projects pour 2020” intrapreneurship program is emblematic of the “La Poste 2020 : Conquering the future” strategic plan. 2020 marks the last edition of the program, initiated in 2014.
Between imperatives to be respected (social distancing) and obvious needs (maintaining the link between people, the need for mutual aid, moving around differently, etc.), La Poste must reinvent itself and offer new methods to support society. The last edition of “20 projects pour 2020” fits into this context and has become 100% digital.
The objective of this edition is twofold:
- Identifying value-creating projects and new businesses. So, a call for projects has been organized. 8 themes in line with the Group’s strategic axes have been identified to guide employees when submitting their project.
- Identifying the teams of intrapreneurs who will carry out the projects. La Poste Group is truly convinced that an intrapreneur is not necessarily the one behind the idea. The company is therefore organizing a call for applications to find potential intrapreneurs in parallel with the call for projects.
All employees, whatever their functions, can participate:
- By submitting a file to present the idea
- By applying as an aspiring intrapreneur and/or to join a team that has expressed a need for particular skills
The project selection process has 5 steps:
- Submission on the platform (4 months): Alone or in teams of two or three, the files are submitted, in connection with one of the eight themes.
- Pre-selection (1 month): An internal pre-selection committee determines the best applications.
- Project presentation (1 month): The shortlisted teams have a one-hour telephone interview with an external expert to pitch their projects and answer technical questions. What is at stakes ? 8 places in bootcamp.
- The Bootcamp: For two days, the 8 teams who joined the bootcamp are coached and develop their project. At the end of the workshop, a jury determines the 4 finalists.
- The final: The 4 finalist teams for this 2020 edition present their projects to a jury made up of top management members and experts from outside the Group. A big winner is chosen.
100% seconded from their initial positions, the successful candidates are given a period of six months to one year to experiment with their new activity.
During this period, follow-up and support are provided to the team by a sponsor of the Executive Committee and external coaches, as well as a budget that will allow the project to be successfully carried out.
If the incubation period is successful, the teams will then have the opportunity to present a subsidiary-creation project in front of an investment committee.
The collaboration with Yumana
Yumana has supported the “20 projects pour 2020” program with La Poste since 2018. This is therefore the second edition on the Yumana digital platform.
The digital tool enables the Group to ensure the call for projects and selection process, thus improving the acceleration of the most innovative ideas.
Several major changes were made to the program in 2020:
- A 100% digital edition. No more face-to-face pitches and bootcamps, the edition adapts to the new context.
- The functionality allowing employees to vote for the projects they like has been abandoned in favor of project selection via expert juries..
- A strong emphasis is placed on team building and the identification of intrapreneur profiles. It is thanks to the skills matching feature that project teams can indicate the skills they need and search for them internally. In addition, an employee can join a project team along the way.