For this 3rd edition of the Idea Accelerator, Radio France, France Télévisions, RTBF and France Médias Monde are asking their employees to come up with ideas on the theme of “(Re-)Creating bonds”. It is about creating bonds between the public media and their audiences on the one hand and society on the other.
The intrapreneurship program meets 3 objectives:
- Promote digital culture
- Training in innovation methodologies
- Stimulating employee creativity.
Through this program, a common approach emerges and the alliance between participating media organizations becomes a reality.
100% digital, the program aims to collect and select ideas first and to prototype the most promising ones secondly.
The first step takes place on the Yumana digital platform and involves the entire ideation and idea selection system:
- Idea submission (one month): All employees may participate and submit their ideas freely in teams of two to four employees.
- Voting (two weeks): All employees of the 4 participating media organizations are encouraged to vote for their favorite ideas. Their votes will be combined with the votes of screening panel.
- Selection (one week): The teams selected for the final are supported in pitching their idea in front of a panel of experts and employees.
- Final: at the end of the pitch session, 9 winning teams are chosen by Radio France (3), France Télévisions (3), France Médias Monde (1) and RTBF (2).
The prototyping of the ideas may then start:
- For three months, the winning teams have an opportunity to prototype their ideas within the incubator, supported by an agency specializing in innovation and design thinking. All project management is done on the platform.
- They also participate in a day of meetings dedicated to discussions about Francophonie, public service, and innovation.
The collaboration with Yumana
The Idea Accelerator encourages employees to take initiatives and increases their commitment by bringing out innovative projects. The digital tool has made it possible to set up a global, inter-media approach, and Yumana supports partner media in defining and structuring their approach.
If the approach is fully cross-functional, the media organizations can adapt their “rules of the game” and to customize their program. Indeed, the platform makes it possible for the managers from each media organization to pace their program based on their needs: moderation, publication of articles, organization of voting sessions.
The platform thus makes it possible to create a common innovation environment for the 4 media organizations while maintaining each one’s distinctiveness.
Dynamic communication at all times, coupled with holding ideation breakfasts, has made it possible to boost participation and engagement on the platform. Employees also received a lot of support in the idea submission phases as well as in preparing their pitches.